This week on the podcast, Glenn and Daniel take a leisurely stroll through a pretty well-executed genre exercise by writer/director Scott Frank (The Lookout). (41:39).
May contain NSFW language.
FilmWonk rating: 7 out of 10
- Music for tonight’s episode is Nouela‘s cover of “Black Hole Sun“, from the film’s trailer.
- Joining us for this week’s episode is Seattle artist Jason B., who will happily sell you a delightful pop-art print (or a mug) of Daniel’s mug here. Check out his other artwork and blog over at Catastrophic Shift.
- The two detective characters that were name-dropped in the film were Sam Spade and Philip Marlowe (created by Raymond Chandler, whom we mistakenly mentioned instead).
- The last (and only other) film in which we saw Brian “Astro” Bradley was Earth to Echo – check out our podcast review here.
- We referred to a recent Cracked article about a convicted drug smuggler, now out of prison, who is now a professional speaker – that was this one, from Brian O’Dea. But we actually mixed in a detail from this article (from an anonymous writer), about how drug dealers are often not the people you expect.
- We referred to the lackluster success rate of Alcoholics Anonymous – for reference, check out this NPR interview with Dr. Lance Dodes, who claims that AA’s success rate is as low as 5-10%.
Listen above, or download: A Walk Among the Tombstones (right-click, save as, or click/tap to play on a non-flash browser)