On our two-year anniversary show, we go back to the well and review the sequel to our very first podcast subject, The Expendables 2! Can the acting stylings of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Randy Couture impress us a second time? Find out below! (31:33)
May contain some NSFW language.
FilmWonk rating: 6.5/10
- Music for this episode comes from the score to the The Expendables by Brian Tyler.
- The director of photography for this film is Shelly Johnson.
- We referred to this rumor from back in January, which stated that the film had been edited down to be PG-13 in order to secure the participation of Chuck Norris. According to director Simon West last week, that rumor was never true.
- Nope, it appears Jean-Claude Van Damme has never ripped anyone’s heart out on film. But he has done this…
- If you absolutely must see a heart-rip, here’s the dude from Temple of Doom. Or here’s Jim Carrey.
- Correction: Our first podcast was in August 2010, making this our two-year anniversary show!
Listen above, or download: The Expendables 2 (right-click, save as, or click/tap to play on a non-flash browser).