CW: During our review of Lawrence of Arabia, we discuss an incident of sexual assault from T.E. Lawrence’s biography, as discussed by his biographers, and as depicted in the film.
This week, Glenn and Daniel reflect on ten years of the FilmWonk Podcast, and review two cinematic blindspots from the AFI’s Top 100 list – Lawrence of Arabia and Raging Bull (01:48:15).
May contain NSFW language.
FilmWonk rating (Raging Bull): 7 out of 10
FilmWonk rating (Lawrence of Arabia): 10 out of 10
- [00:21] Intro: Ten Years of the FilmWonk Podcast
(Thank you for listening – feel free to skip this!)
- [03:50] Review: Raging Bull (1980)
- [20:17] Spoilers: Raging Bull (1980)
- [40:26] Review: Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
- CORRECTION: We mispronounced the last name of Raging Bull editor Thelma Schoonmaker, who is still editing films at the age of 80, including The Irishman just last year. We wish her well and regret the error.
- Daniel referenced a handy site for boxing history and fight details – that site is BoxRec.com, which has a complete history of LaMotta’s fights.
- Books we mentioned during the Lawrence of Arabia discussion:
Listen above, or download: Raging Bull, Lawrence of Arabia (right-click, save as, or click/tap to play)
Pingback: 2020 Glennies (Top 10 Films of 2020) | FilmWonk
Pingback: Ridley Scott’s “Prometheus” (2012) (presented by 10 Years Ago: Films in Retrospective) | FilmWonk
Pingback: Ten Years Ago: Prometheus – 10 Years Ago: Films in Retrospective