On this week’s podcast, Glenn and Daniel see the oddly polite and guileless horror followup from writer/director Ari Aster, Midsommar. And then they return to A Separation director Asghar Farhadi, for a Spanish-language kidnapping thriller starring Penélope Cruz and Javier Bardem that was dumped unceremoniously onto Netflix earlier this year (01:18:01).
May contain NSFW language.
FilmWonk rating (Everybody Knows): 6 out of 10 (Glenn)
FilmWonk rating (Midsommar): 7/10 (Daniel), 7.5/10 (Glenn)
- [02:19] Review: Everybody Knows
- [08:49] Spoilers: Everybody Knows
- [29:28] Review: Midsommar
- [48:42] Spoilers: Midsommar
- Music for this episode is the tracks “Se Muere por Volver” by Javier Limón, performed by Venezuelan singer Nella Rojas, from the soundtrack for Everybody Knows.
Listen above, or download: Midsommar, Everybody Knows (right-click, save as, or click/tap to play on a non-flash browser)