In this week’s podcast, Glenn and Daniel take a visit to an island paradise for a quick musical war between gods brokered by an impressive new Disney princess. No big deal. (31:18).
May contain NSFW language.
FilmWonk rating: 8 out of 10
- Music for this episode is a pair of tracks from the film’s soundtrack, “We Know the Way” and the fabulous end-credits version of “You’re Welcome” featuring Jordan Fisher and Lin-Manuel Miranda.
- Check out the full scene with Maui (Johnson)’s “You’re Welcome” introduction on YouTube here.
- Cravalho’s name pronunciation guide (from an interview along with Johnson) can be found here, courtesy of USA Today.
- Correction: Moana’s island is Motunui, not Matanui. And the coconut pirates are the Kakamora, not the Kokomota.
- The language that composer Opetaia Foa’i contributed is Tokelauan, a Polynesian language which has about 4,000 speakers.
Listen above, or download: Moana (right-click, save as, or click/tap to play on a non-flash browser)
Pingback: Ava DuVernay’s “A Wrinkle in Time” – A bold, beautiful, simple mix | FilmWonk
Pingback: FilmWonk Podcast – Episode #141 – “Smallfoot” (dir. Karey Kirkpatrick) | FilmWonk