On this week’s podcast, Glenn and Daniel head back in time to the age of radio to check out the outstanding small-town sci-fi drama debut from director Andrew Patterson, The Vast of Night (which premieres on Amazon Prime today), and then come almost all the way back to the present day with Leos Carax‘s delightfully wacky 2012 film Holy Motors (54:03).
May contain NSFW language.
FilmWonk rating (The Vast of Night): 8/10 (Daniel), 9/10 (Glenn)
FilmWonk rating (Holy Motors): 6/10 (Daniel), 7.5/10 (Glenn)
- [02:14] Review: The Vast of Night
- [17:19] Spoilers: The Vast of Night
- [33:42] Review: Holy Motors
- Music for this episode can be heard on the AM radio.
- We mentioned a pair of audio drama podcasts as points of tonal comparison for The Vast of Night:
- Daniel chose Holy Motors from an excellent list from David Sims at The Atlantic, which we may be revisiting again.
Listen above, or download: The Vast of Night, Holy Motors (right-click, save as, or click/tap to play)