In this week’s podcast, Glenn and Daniel check out a rallying cry for the British working class with Ken Loach‘s new film, I, Daniel Blake, then check out a shriek of impending doom from David Lowery, A Ghost Story, a film in which a goofy game of supernatural dress-up is just the thin veil covering intense trepidation about the whole of human existence. Three points if you guess which film caused an actual panic attack (56:50).
May contain NSFW language.
FilmWonk rating (I, Daniel Blake): 7 out of 10
FilmWonk rating (A Ghost Story): 9.5 out of 10
- [01:54] Review: I, Daniel Blake
- [21:21] Spoilers: I, Daniel Blake
- [34:27] Review: A Ghost Story
- [41:58] Spoilers: A Ghost Story
- Music for this episode is the track, “I Get Overwhelmed” by Dark Rooms from the soundtrack/trailer to A Ghost Story.
- In assessing the labyrinthine bureaucracy depicted in I, Daniel Blake, we referred to the game, “Papers, Please“, from indie developer Lucas Pope – highly recommended.
Listen above, or download: I,
Daniel Blake; A Ghost Story (right-click, save as, or click/tap to play on a non-flash browser)