This week on the podcast, Glenn and Daniel return to the Avengers saga – Glenn with his prior 8/10 review, and Daniel with his persistent refusal to get sucked into Marvel’s comic web. Can our heroes ever come to an understanding about the true appeal of comic book films, and more importantly, will Marvel ever learn how to handle a girl-superhero? Stay tuned. Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel. Or whatever Marvel’s equivalent may be (55:46).
Sorry Cap, this show will contain NSFW language.
Additionally, it will contain spoilers for all of Marvel’s previous films, including (specifically) Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
FilmWonk rating: 8/10 (Glenn), 5/10 (Daniel)
- Music for tonight’s episode is two tracks from the reliable Bryan Tyler‘s rousing score to the film, “Heroes” and “Avengers Unite“.
- All of the Black Widow stuff we mentioned:
- Here’s the awesome McSweeney’s piece we mentioned by Juliana Gray: “As the Token Female Member of This Action-Adventure Team, My Job is to Kick“.
- SNL presents: the trailer for “Black Widow” (starring ScarJo)
- For further reading, head over to io9, where Meredith Woerner and Katharine Trendacosta tackle the issue marvelously: Black Widow: This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things
Listen above, or download: Avengers: Age of Ultron (right-click, save as, or click/tap to play on a non-flash browser)
Pingback: 2015 Glennies: Best Picture (Top 10 Films of 2015) | FilmWonk